- Prep Time:
Mangoes are pouring in from everywhere ...from my in-law's farm, my sister's in-law's farm and if that was not sufficient from neighbours and friends farms.....
So now i feel a moral responsibility to put these farm fresh mangoes to correct use. And what appropriate use than a dessert!!
So heres a quick cool mango desert for the lazzzzy afternoons.I have made a eggless mousse which is quick and easy to make
- Remove the pulp of the mangoes, add the sugar and blend it in a mixie. Dissolve the gelatine in a cup of warm water.
- Pour the gelatine in the mango pulp and heat it till it bubbles a little. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Add the vanilla essence.
- Gently fold the whipped sweetened cream into the mango pulp. Put it in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- Put it in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- Cut the vanilla cake into horizontal layers (two should be enough).
- Now in a spring form cake tin put the first layer of cake. Pour the mousse and flatten it. Put in the second layer of cake and then the remaining mousse. Flatten and level it. Allow it to set in the fridge.
- Demould the cake. You can decorate the cake with whipped cream and mango slices.
- I was actually in a hurry so I used the monginis desert cake but any vanilla cake can be used.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback