- Prep Time:
Ever since my little toddler has begun going to pre school , the question of his tiffin keeps hounding me every weekday morning! Worse is , he's so fussy , dosent like usual dosas or poha's. So its quiet a challenge to plan a healthy and nutritious tiffin ,with all the obvious options cut off from the list.
So , eventually , i turned to baking. And it worked. An eggless sponge cake , made with some condensed milk and milk powder ,worked wonders. And believe me, thats how i discovered my love for baking too. In the course of time , there are lots of bakes ,especially cakes and cookies and crackers , made from unconventional but nutritious ingredients like whole wheat flour, finger millet/ragi ,jowar,bajra and lots more.
I praticularly loved this eggless cake, because of its nice milky taste, and I derived a dessert from the left over too , and it turned out even better. So lets begin.
- Sieve maida with baking soda and baking powder and keep aside.Preheat oven 180 deg celcius.
- Grease and dust the baking tin with oil and maida.
- In a mixer/blender, pour oil,sugar,condensed milk and milk powder and vanilla essence and blend till well mixed.
- Alternately ,use a handblender or a wisk ( I was too lazy to take too many efforts, the mixer did just fine for me) Gently fold the maida mixture into the oil and sugar mix ,till a smooth batter is formed of dropping consistency. The batter should no
- Transfer the batter into the cake mould,greased and dusted previously. Bake it in the oven for 20 - 25 mins. Check the center of the cake with a knife ,if it comes clear, the cake is baked.
- Cool the cake before demoulding.
- Serve warm.
- Check the recipe for fruit and icecream cake ,using this sponge cake. Its delicious and made with just a few ingredients.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback