- Prep Time:
Finally my maid got back after a fortnight , and was delighted indeed. Maids are really important , if you ask any women, working or a homemaker like me! Last couple of weeks had been hectic, and frustrating , managing with the replacement maids. Fetching a suitable is as difficult a task , as a head hunter from a HR consulting firm , catering to certain fixed requirements for the client. I'm quiet particular,when it comes to cleanliness! So it becomes all the more difficult to adjust with just any other maid. And yesterday I learned the replacement maid wants a leave. Now where to find a replacement for another replacement! So I was determined to do it all by myself until my original maid comes back. At 10 am , I hear the same known knock at the door (my maid never rings the door bell , just knocks) ,and when I opened the door , I was almost about to cry to see her back!!
They mean so much to us!! They are almost a part of family!
So all work done , it was indeed time to celebrate, atleast for me ! So decided to bake a cake and just then found some canned pineapple , so there came the best combination of a fruit and a cake. Pineapple cream Pastry!
- Preheat oven to 180 dec celcius. Grease and dust the baking tin and keep aside.
- Seperate the egg whites from the yolks. Using and electric beater, beat the egg whites till stiff.
- Sieve maida with the baking powder and soda and mix it with sugar , butter and egg yolks , along with vanilla essence and wisk till smooth
- Gently fold this mixture into the beaten egg whites till smooth. Pour this batter into the baking tin and bake for about 20-25 mins.
- Cool the cake and cut it into a small rectangle and further slice it horizontally into 2 slices.
- Beat the whipping cream topping with milk untill stiff ( I used the Pik brand Whipping topping, which wasnt very stiff on beating , but after refregerating for 10 mins , it attained desired consistency)
- Alternately , if using Amul fresh cream , beat the cream with sugar for 2 mins. Add the gelatine mixture and continue to beat till airy,for about 5 mins. Refrigerate for 10 mins and beat again. Chill in fridge for further use.
- Drizzle some syrup from the pineapple can into the cake slices(if using fresh pineapples, boil chopped pieces in sugar water for 5 mins ,and use that water to drizzle on the cake and the boiled pineapples instead of canned)
- Spread some whipped cream on the bottom slice of cake and add some pieces of pineapple on it.Cover it with the other cake slice and cover the entire cake with whipped cream. Decorate with pineapple and cherries.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback