- Prep Time:
Okay so Very Berry Cake!!!! Whats the special occasion?????
Well my sister is gonna visit me tomorrow and she absolute loves cakes and so does my adorable niece who I will be meeting after ages.
I actually wanted to make small cup cakes for my niece. Quite cute and petite like her!!!! But I don't think those would have been sufficient for my sis dear...
So I just went through my kitchen to see what was available. Okay so there were a lot of frozen berries in the freezer and a jar of blueberry jam.......
Actually I have a confession to make. I have always loved the pastries from the outlet at the food court in Inorbit mall. They have the most amazing Blueberry Cheese Cake!!!! So I decided to try something similar.
So here goes.......
- Sieve the maida with baking powder. Separate the egg whites and the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites till stiff.
- Now cream the butter and powdered sugar, add the egg yolks and beat again till the sugar melts. Add the essence, the Blueberry Jam and 1/2 the berries and whisk. Gradually add the maida and fold. At the end gently fold the egg whites till they are fu
- Dust the Berries with maida. This is to make sure that the berries do not settle at the bottom
- Now add the berries gently to the batter and fold.
- Pre heat the oven at 300 degrees for 5 mins.
- Bake the cake at 180 degrees for 30 mins. After 20 mins you can check on the cake by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If the toothpick comes clean it means the cake is done, if not let it cook for 10 more mins. This step is necessary because the
- I know you will be tempted to dive into that cake. Ya it looks tempting doesn't it???
- But please be a little patient and I assure you I will be rewarded!!!!! Let the cake cool down completely before attempting the icing. Otherwise the icing will turn runny.
- Now for the icing part. It is a piece of cake, Literally!!!!!
- Beat the cream and the powdered sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and fold. So now the cream base is ready.
- Dissolve the gelatine in a little warm water (enough to dissolve it) and heat it till the gelatine dissolves. Do not boil the water.
- Simply heat a pan and add the blueberry jam, water and the gelatine and heat it till the blueberry jam dissolves and Voila we have the glaze ready. Cool it and now wait for the cake to cool down.
- Once the cake it cooled and I mean really cooled down NOT warm at all. Just slather it with the whipped cream on all sides.After it is iced from all sides just simply pour the glaze over it. And now your cake is ready!!!!
- Okay so if you have just a little patience left garnish it with some left over berries.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback