- Prep Time:
This is a very traditional Maharashtrian recipe. Traditionally only baby brinjals are used but my hubby dear loves potatoes, so I have added them and they do taste good with the masala.
This subji tastes good with chapati or jowar, bajri roti or every with simple dal rice.
- Remove the stems and slit the brinjals (criss cross).
- In a bowl, mix the onions, coriander leaves, the masala and salt together.
- Fill the brinjals with the stuffings. Add the potato wedges to the rest of the masala and mix.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add the mustard seed and let them splutter. Now add the hing.
- Place the brinjals alternately with the potatoes in the pan so that they don't overlap. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 mins. Now change the sides and cook for 8 to 10 mins again.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback