- Prep Time:
- Here I have tweeked the recipe and tried to simplify it. For all those who dont want to waste time making the masala just use the ready made one but then reduce the tamarind or the tomatoes as the masala has amchur powder in it. Also I have used tama
- Grind all the ingredients for the masala together using very little water. Pressure cook the chole chana till tender. You can add a tea bag or make a small potli of tea leaves while cooking the chana. This is impart a nice flavour as well as colour t
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add all the ground masala and saute till oil separates out.Now add the chopped onions and cook till tender. Add the haldi powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Remove the tea bag from the chole channa and add the chana to the masala. Let it boil for 5 mins. Now add the tamarind pulp. Cover and cook for 5 more mins. Serve hot with coriander leaves.
- For the peas Pattice:
- Since green peas are in season I decided to use them in the stuffing. The frozen peas can also be used. Also you can substitute the peas with corn. Boil the potatoes, remove their skins and mash them till smooth. Add the cornflour and 1 tsp salt. Pre
- Heat about a tsp of oil in a non stick pan and the jeera and let it splutter add the ground peas, now add the garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Keep aside to cool.
- Take the potato mixture and make a katori out of it, fill the green peas filling and close it. Give the pattice a round shape. Coat the pattice with the rawa and shallow fry on a griddle on low flame till golden brown and crisp.
- For the Paneer Parathas:
- 9Here I have kept the parathas spice free so that the flavour of the chole is not lost. The same dough can be used to make bhaturas. Just roll them and deep fry in hot oil.
- Knead the dough using all the ingredients. Cover and keep aside for sometime.
- Heat the gas oven tandoor. Roll out small parathas and cook in the tandoor till lightly browned. Serve hot.
- For the lassi:
- Mix all the ingredients using a blender. Serve chilled.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback