- Serves: 3-5
- Prep Time: 20
- Cooking: 10-15
Its 65th Independence Day!! A celebration of Freedom and Democracy! Today , we finally conclude our “Veg.Cuisine of India” marathon….and we do it with a mitha!! A sweet tri coloured burfee , thats just Indian..not belonging to any state or territory…just representing ,every bit of Our Nation…INDIA!!! Happy Independence!!!!!
- Prepare the sugar syrup by boiling the sugar and water till it comes to 1 string consistency.
- For the orange layer: Grate the carrots. In a non stick pan, add a little ghee. Put the grated carrots, sugar, mawa and the elaichi powder and cook till it reaches a ball like consistency.
- For the while layer: In a microwave proof bowl, take the paneer, mawa, cashew powder, elaichi powder and 1/2 cup sugar syrup and microwave it for 3 to 5 mins till the mixture thickens. Cool and keep aside.
- For the green layer: To the sugar syrup add the ground pistas, elaichi powder, mawa and a little green color. Heat a little for about 5 mins.
- Grease a plate with a little ghee. First put in the green layer ( the mixture should be a little hot otherwise it will not spread). Then spread the while layer and even it out. Lastly spread the carrot layer (this layer will be a little thicker).
- Let the burfee cool down and then cut pieces.
- You can garnish it with almonds.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback