- Serves: 10 - 15
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 15 Minute
Winters and Baking are quiet synonymous! Love the smell of freshly baked cake or hot n crisp cookies, just out of the oven ……Ummm… And with the Christmas festivities around…its time to fill up cookie jars to enjoy the winter chills with a hot cuppa Coffee and crumbly cookies and cakes ! I love the taste and flavour of Nutella , but I choose not to dilute the delicate flavour with chocolate or coffee….Not that it does not tase good…but I love to devour every bit of the delicate hazelnut flavour that nutella offers… Using nutella as it is was a challenge,considering the runny nature of the spread…. So I dropped spoonfulls of nutella over a foil and put them in deep freeze for about 30 mins.. And used them to stuff my cookies…… So heres a Nutella Surprise …… soft cookies with mushy nutella center!
- Drop spoonful of nutella on a foil and freeze it for 30 mins or till they solidify.
- Sieve maida with baking powder and mix it with sugar. Add melted butter and rub them with finger tips with flour. Add lightly beaten egg and mix till you get a thick semi solid dough. Add milk if the batter or dough is too solid.
- Grease palms with oil and flatten the batter on the palms. Take out one nutella drop at a time from the freezer and place over the dough and seal it with the remaining dough. Place stuffed dough over a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15 to 20 mins , until the cookie crust just browns. It should be light brown. Do not overbake the cookies . They are slightly soft. Overbaking might burn the stuffed nutella.
- Cool a bit and serve. These cookies can also be stored in airtight jar for a week or so,...thats only if you and your family resists these tempting goodies!
You may also like
Send Your Feedback