- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 20 Minute
I think the Punjabi’s make the best chicken! No offences to the rest…but in Indian context, just like a Fish Curry is to South India,Chicken is to the North…The Great Punjab! Punjabi’s love their food…and are a perfect example of Live Life King Size! Probably this explains the popularity of punjabi dishes in restaurants! They can add their own magic to the vegeterian food too…Be it the palak paneer,Methi Mutter Malai,Koftas or Rotis ,Naans and Paranthas! So heres adding a special magical Punjabi touch to your Sunday Chicken Curry! Its spicy , tangy and just delicious to enjoy with your rotis or parathas and rice! I have coupled it with Laccha Paratha….a Layered or Pleated paratha,thats simply crisp and yummy!
- Mix together all the ingredients for marination and rub them to the chicken pieces. Keep aside for atleast 1-2 hours.
- Heat 1 tbsp Oil in a kadhai and add cumin seeds. Now add sliced onions and fry till lightly browned. Add cashewnuts and fry. Add ginger and garlic and fry for a min. Now add chopped tomatoes and 1 tsp water and fry till the mixture becomes pulpy. Now
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pressure cooker and add the finely chopped onion. Fry till translucent and add the chicken and mix. Add 1/4 cup water and pressure cook the chicken for about 2-3 whistles. This step ensures the chicken is cooked and nice and juicy
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the ground paste. Fry on medium flame , till oil seperates out.Mix 1 tsp red chilly powder,turmeric powder and garam masala in 2-5 tsp water and add this paste to the pan. Fry for 1 min.
- Add chicken masala and fry. Add more water if the gravy is too thick. Cover the lid and cook for 2-3 mins on low flame. Finally add the cream and simmer for 1 min. Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with parathas
You may also like
Send Your Feedback