- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 25 Minute
Light winter chills are already here!! And so are a bunch or fresh winter vegetables! Be it the green crunchy peas or fresh tender french beans…even cauliflowers,which otherwise are available round the year , have a special freshness to them! I remember those small , little yelloish cauliflower bunch that comes in the market , especially during winters. I get them straight from farm and possibly organically grown at those little fields in the neighbourhood. But some of the veggies do not make an interesting subji…a french bean subji reminds me of my tiffin nightmares….But I love french beans in my chinese meals and also in mixed vegetable subji and kormas and pulaos! So, a delicious creamy Mixed vegetable patiala layered by fried papads make a delicious subji to go with your rotis or parathas! The recipe might be slightly different from the original one , but its close to what i had at a restaurant , where it was served in fried papad layers.
- Boil 2-3 cups water in a vessel and add sliced onion and cashewnuts. Let the onions cook till translucent and cashewnuts swollen a bit and floating. Drain and cool. Grind it in a mixie to a fine paste.
- Blanch the chopped cauliflower,french beans,green peas in hot water and keep aside. Heat oil in a kadhai and add cumin seeds to splitter. Now add the onion and cashewnut paste and saute on low to medium flame , frying with a spoon to avoid sticking t
- Now make a paste of red chilly powder,turmeric and garam masala with some water and add to the kadhai. Saute for 1-2 mins and add the blanched vegetables and mix well. Add the milk and stir.
- Season with salt,sugar and cook for 3 mins. Add half the grated paneer and chopped coriander and mix. Finally add cream and put off the flame.
- In a serving bowl, place a fried papad at the base and top it with the prepared vegetable. Now put another papad over it and again top with a layer of gravy. Finally add grated paneer over the top and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with hot pa
You may also like
Send Your Feedback