- Serves: 5 - 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minute
- Cooking: 20 Minute
This recipe is inspired by the McDonalds nuggets… My kiddo like all other kids is a big fan of McDonalds. So this recipe is dedicated to all the moms like me who have to bear all those long hours and ques at McD’s eating McBurgers and fries when you would rather be somewhere much quieter….eating something much more fulfilling and healthy. My fond memory of McDonalds was at Delhi station while we were waiting for our train for Kathgodam to arrive. It was in December last year and damn cold. People in Mumbai are not used to the Delhi ki Sardi… The piping hot Maharaja burger never tasted so good!!!! And the fries….divine!!! So back to the Chicken bites…. I have served it with the spicy orange sauce which has slight oriental flavors. Wished I had some lemon grass but that was not to be, so I added a little lemon zest.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the Worcestershire sauce, ginger garlic paste and the salt. Keep aside for 1/2 hr. Wisk the egg in a bow. Take the bread crumbs in another plate.
- Heat oil in a pan. Now take a chicken piece, dip it in the egg and roll it in the bread crumbs again dip the same piece in the egg and then roll it in the crumbs. Now put it in the oil for frying. Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces. Drain
- Remove the juice of one orange. Do not throw the peel. Take 1/4th peel. Remove the inside white part of the orange rind (this part is bitter). Now slice just the orange colored part of the rind in thin strips.
- In a saucepan, heat the orange juice, add the strips of orange rind, salt, sugar, lemon zest, chilli flakes and the coconut milk. Heat till it reduces a little and thicken.
- Serve the crunch chicken bites with the spicy orange sauce. This orange sauce goes well with pad thai noodles as well.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback