- Prep Time:
February is synonymous with Valentine’s Day or rather Valentine’s Month for me! First half of the month goes in anticipation and planning for The Day! And rest half goes in cherishing the sweet moments! And for a bakeholic like me , its yet another chance to don my apron and let my bakeholism take over! I remember I had made this one last month , during sankranti festival , especially for my Sis In Law , who has a weakness for strawberries and anything thats Pink! And when she did see this special treat , that was made as a surprise for her , she was like”Aww so suweet ..Pink Heart!” My day was done! I plan to bake this treat again for both my Valentines…my spouse and my kiddo , whos the sole reason I Bake Bake n Bake!
- Preheat oven at 180 deg.C for 10 mins. Grease the baking tin (i used heart shaped tin) with butter and lightly dust with maida or flour.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar using electric beater till light n fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat together till mixed. ( Add egg replacer mixture at this stage itself)
- Add vanilla essence and mix. Sieve together flour and baking powder and baking soda . Alternatey add flour and milk into the egg mixture , starting and ending with flour , till a ribbon consistency batter is formed.
- Pour the batter in baking tin and bake in preheated oven 180 deg.C , for about 25- 30 mins, or till skewer inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake and demould.
- Whip the cream with sugar till stiff peaks form.
- Cut the cake horizontally into two slices.
- Drizzle some of the water sugar mixture over the base slice just to moisten it , but take care not to make it too soggy. Now apply strawberry jam or preserve ,gently over the base slice. Spread whipping cream over it and even out on into a uniform
- Cool the glaze to room temperature, stirring continously , and pour over the cake. Cool the cake in refrigerator for atleast 10 mins before serving.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback