- Prep Time:
Being a mom to a growing kid can be quite a task…. Especially a skinny kid like mine. So nutrition combined with visual appeal is the key here. Today I wanted to try something with veggie stuffing, which apart from being nutritious will also be a tummy filler. Pita is a flat bread, either round or oval in shape. Most pita are baked at high temperatures, causing the flattened rounds of dough to puff up dramatically. So when they are removed from the oven the layers remain separated inside the deflated pita, which allows the bread to be opened into pockets. I have added colorful veggies here. Veggies can be substituted with chicken.
- Grill the pita bread lightly on a griddle. Chop the Garlic, Onion and the Veggies finely.
- In a pan, add the oil, when hot put in the finely chopped garlic. Saute till golden brown. Now add the onions and cook till transparent
- Put in the vegetables, the tomato ketchup, the herbs, the chilli flakes and the salt. Cover and cook for 5 mins
- Add the crumbled paneer and mix.
- Your filling is ready. Stuff the pita bread with the filling leaving a little space at the top. Now top off the pocket with the grated cheese.
- Grill the pockets in the oven till the cheese melts. Serve with Mustard and Sweet and Sour tomato sauce.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback