- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 20 Minute
Sometimes , you suddenly get a strong urge to eat a particular thing…It dosent necessarily needs to be something extravagant…. a simple thing, like peanuts, a particular fruit or even some namkeen! My sudden temptation to eat walnuts…lots of walnuts , led me to this yummy recipe! I was at my regular grocery shop ( I normally shop at departmental stores, but some speciality items like peanuts,pulses and variety of rice are best bought from local stores)..In a spur of moment I asked for walnuts! And I was lucky to have the best quality of vacuum packed ,shelled walnuts! In I got home and just munched on them till I was satiated..only to realise that I m still left with lots more of them and didnt know what to do! Then began my search to whip up a nice walnut dessert….( There might be many savoury recipes with walnuts…but I love my walnuts coupled with sugar or chocolates!) Mediocre brownies and fudges did cross my mind…but What I wanted was a Treat…apure Indulgence! So with some research and some of my twists , here I come with a gooey,crunchy and a Moist “Walnut Praline Cake”!
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Grease the cake tin and dust lightly with flour. Sift flour with baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- In a bowl ,beat the eggs preferrably with an electric beater till pale and fluffy. Add sugar and beat for 1 min. Add vanilla essence and oil and beat again for 2 mins. Add melted chocolate and mix. Gently add the flour mix and beat till a smooth batt
- Heat the sugar in a saucepan till molten and immediately add crushed walnuts and put off flame. Mix well and pour over a greased plate. Cool and crush coarsely.
- For the Chocolate Ganache icing, Boil cream in a sauce pan and pour it over chopped dark chocolate and wisk till smooth. Cool the chocolate ganache in refrigerator for 10-15 mins or till the consistency is just to be able to spread. Incase your ganac
- To assemble, Cut the cake horizontally into 2-3 slices.Drizzle some coffee mixture on each of the slices. On the bottom layer,pour half the ganache and spread evenly. Now sprinkle a layer of the walnut praline. Repeat for remaining layers. Place the
- Refrigerate for atleast 10 -15 mins before serving. The crunch from the praline adds a different twist to the otherwise moist and gooey cake!
You may also like
Send Your Feedback