- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 40 Minute
Fresh from a visit to my favourite Italian joint , and my mind was bubbling with new ideas….. I always did put off the thought of cooking a ravioli at home. I preferred to play it safe ,using dried pasta..ofcourse I dont have a pasta making machine at home , but I normally cooked with a Penne,Fussili or a Lasagne …never ventured out in the unknown territory of Ravioli ,Gnocchi, Canneloni or any other pasta that would otherwise be made at home , with available resourses. But today was different..I just couldnt get off the taste of the creamy lightly garlic flavoured Barbaresca sauce, and the soft ravioli perfectly complementing it. So keeping all my reservations aside ,I decided to try making a ravioli at home , ofcourse with my own twists and tastes!
- Knead a stiff dough with the maida, oil and water and cover with a damp cloth for 1/2 hour. For the stuffing, place the corn and paneer , in a mixer and coarsely grind them.Add chopped blanched spinach to it. Transfer in a plate and add the herbs and
- Roll 2 large chapati's / roti's out of the dough. On one roti , place small amount of the filling,1/2 inch apart. Cover the entire roti with small filling portions ,as shown.
- Neatly and carefully cover this with the second roti. Press the edges and the spaces between the rows of the filling. Cut using a pizza cutter or knife . Pinch the edges of the cut ravioli to seal perfectly. Use a fork for this purpose, it will decor
- Boil 3-5 cups of water in a large pot , and add 3 tsp salt to it. Once the water boils , add the cut ravioli's one by one into the water. ?Once the ravioli floats on top , it is cooked. Drain the cooked ravioli in a plate and drizzle some olive oil t
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in a non stick pan , and add chopped garlic. Fry for a minute and add chopped onion and fry till its translucent. Now add maida and fry on medium flame ,mixing continuously for 2 mins or till it gives out the cooked arom
- Now add the boiled ravioli and gently fold in the sauce. Transfer in a serving plate , garnish with chopped olives and coriander. Top the hot pasta with grated parmesan. Perfect with a glass of white wine.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback