- Serves: 7 - 8
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 40 Minute
Cake Time again….. What is the occasion??? Do Yummy Cakes need any occasion!!!!! Well, OK my kiddo has a huge sweet tooth, he needs to have something sweet after every meal. And this was his Farmaish. So how could I refuse….. This one needs to be refrigerated for atleast 3 to 4 hrs. So it might take a little will power to stay away from that fridge. And will power is something that my kid lacks especially when it come to cakes. You can see the indention where my son poked his finger to see if the ganache has set!!!!
- Melt the chocolates in the microwave for 30 sec. and mix. Beat the oil and the melted chocolate together and add the sugar gradually. Beat the eggs seperately. Sieve the baking powder, cornflour and maida at least twice.
- Add the eggs to the oil, chocolate and sugar mixture and beat nicely. Add the vanilla essence and whisk. Gradually add the maida and fold until all the maida is incorporated.
- Pour the batter in a greased springform tin and bake at 180 degrees for 35 mins or till done. Insert the tooth pick in the cake, if it comes out clean your cake is cooked. Cool the cake on a rack.
- In a pan, heat the cream but don't let it boil. Add the white chocolate shreds and keep on stirring till the chocolate melts. Do not let it come to a boil. Here you can add a little rum if you like. Let it cool a little. Pit the cherries and reserve
- Add the cherries to the chocolate ganache and mix. Put the cake back in the spring form tin and soak it with a little cherry syrup. Pour the white chocolate ganache over the cake. Refrigerate it for 3 to 4 hrs. Once the ganache is set, gently open th
- You can garnish it with chocolate chips or curls and cherries. Another easy option for decoration is with the melted dark chocolate. Make a cone and fill the chocolate in it and simply use your decorative ideas.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback