- Prep Time:
- Wash the stems under running water to clean all the mud. Peel them using a vegetable peeler. Cut them into roundels and wash them again. Roughly grind the saunf and peppercorns.
- Boil water in a pan, add 1 tsp of salt and toss in the cut stems. Cook for 15 min. Drain and spread on a cotton cloth to dry. Let them dry for atleast 4 to 5 hrs.
- Take the dried nadru in a big plate. Add the saunf and the pepper powder, the kalonji seeds, the pickle masala, salt and the jaggery and mix.
- Heat the oil till it begins to smoke, pour this oil over the masala and nadru mix. The jaggery will melt due to the hot oil. Now mix it throughly. Cool and store in glass bottle.
- You can add or reduce the amount of jaggery or vinegar depending upon your taste. Also red chilli powder can be added to increase the spice quotient.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback