- Serves: 6 - 7
- Prep Time: 30 Minute
- Cooking: 60 Minute
My cousin was in town after ages…and I really wanted to make something special for him and what better than a gooey chocolaty cake!! Found this recipe in one of the books and since the method was slightly different I was keen to try it..a little apprehensive maybe but then I do love challenges.. The batter turned out a little different from the regular batter a little fudgy maybe but the end result was a moist, gooey cake and definitely a hit with all my cousins…
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder together atleast a couple of times.
- Over a double boiler beat the eggs and sugar till it thickens to a custard like consistency.
- Now fold the dry ingredients and the butter gradually with the egg sugar mixture. Add the vanilla essence. If the consistency is too thick add a little water.
- Pre heat the oven. Pour the batter in a greased and dusted cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for around 45 mins. Check with a toothpick to see if done.
- For the chocolate ganache: Combine both the grated chocolates in a bowl and place this bowl over a double boiler. When the chocolate melts add the cream and mix. Remove from heat.
- Cut he cooled cake into two or three horizontal layers. Pour ganache over one layer and place the other layer over it. Repeat. Pour the rest of the ganache over the cake till fully covered from the sides.
- Decorate with white chocolate shavings on the sides and on top. Place the walnuts on top. Serve warm.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback