- Serves: 8 / 10
- Prep Time: 2:00 hrs
- Cooking: 60 Minute
Ramzan or Ramadan is the ninth and a holy month in Islamic Lunar calendar. Ramzan (written as Ramadan) is derived from the Arabic root word ‘ramida’ or ‘arramad’ that means intense scorching heat and dryness, especially of the ground. Ramadan is so called to indicate the heating sensation in the stomach as a result of thirst.During Ramadan the people who fast are not allowed to eat or drink anything (including water) from dawn to after sunset. Iftar refers to the evening meal when muslims break their fast during the Ramadan. Iftar is one of the religious observances of Ramadan often done as a community, with people gathering to break their fast together. Iftar is done right after sunset. So now that Ramzan is here lets have a feast…… so what better than a yummy Biryani.
- Roast all the ingredients for the masala and grind them finely.
- Prepare the marinade but mixing together the curd, chopped pudina leaves, dhania leaves, choped green chillies, ginger garlic paste, salt, haldi and the ground masala. Add the chicken to the marinade and marinate for atleast 4 to 5 hrs. Ideally it sh
- For the rice: Wash the rice. In a large vessel, boil 5 to 6 cups of water. Add the whole masala, salt and the rice to it. When the rice is nearly done, drain the water and spread the rice on a plate. You can add a little ghee to the rice to prevent i
- For the gravy: In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat the oil. Add the chopped onions and saute till brown. Now add the marinated chicken and cook covered till the chicken is done and the gravy is thick. This will take about 1/2 an hour to 40 mins. Check t
- For the garnish: Heat the oil in a kadhai. Cut the onions lenghwise and deep fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain and remove. Cut the potatoes into finger chip. Deep fry and keep aside. Similarly fry the cashews till golden.
- To assemble the Biryani: Take a little milk in two different bowls. Add lemon yellow color in one and kesari in another. In handi or a flat bottomed vessel, put a layer of rice just drizzle a little colored milk. Add a little fried onions and potatoe
- Serve with Yogurt and Onion Tomato raita
You may also like
Send Your Feedback