- Serves: 3
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 30 Minute
Tandoor was never a domestic kitchen appliance, nor were any tandoori recipes. Local dhabas and restaurants had the sole monopoly over them. But not any more. The Electric tandoors, Gas oven tandoors and ovens made every homemakers Tandoori Dreams come true. These simple appliances made the rotis,naans and kababs a household menu. When it came to choosing a suitable Tandoori appliance for my kitchen, I had to trust The Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. The Gas Oven Tandoor, just fitted perfectly to my requirements. The Tandoori chicken that I earlier dreaded making,for the fear of it turning chewy and dry, turned out to be prefectly cooked and succulent, thanks to the Gas oven tandoor! So ,here’s my recipe for the classic Indian Chicken Roast…juicy, flavourful and easy!
- Prepare the marinade in a glass bowl by mixing together the curd, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, garam masala (you can used the ready made tandoori chicken masala also), coriander powder, jeera powder, kasoori methi, salt and oil. Add the color
- Remove the chicken from the fridge atleast 45 mins before preparation.
- Heat the tandoor for 10 mins. on high flame. Now reduce the flame to low. Place the chicken legs on the grill and cover and cook for 10 mins on low flame. Increase the flame to medium and cook for 10 mins more.
- Baste the chicken with a little butter or ghee. When its begins to crisp, turn the sides and cook on high flame for 10 mins basting with butter. Cook till done.
- Serve with Onion and tomato roundels or raita or pudina chutney.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback