- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 10 Minute
We Indians are used to adding a dash of lime to zing up our food.Whereas the westerners might rely on vinegars in their varied avatars, we have always relied on lemon for imparting the sourness and tang. There are some interesting regional substitutes like tamarind, widely used in the south, and Kokum, used in coastal West India and Goa. My seafood and Chicken Curries are always served with a lemon wedge! Rich in Vitamin C and a rich flavorful zest, this lime sure added a pleasant tang to my crispy panko crusted chicken. Going a step further,the coleslaw was zinged up with lemon zest and some light dressing, that made a perfect accompaniment for the hot crisp chicken!
- For Crisp Lemon Chicken: Marinate the sliced breast pieces with salt, pepper , lime juce and zest and set aside for 15-20 mins.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Dip the chicken in flour, and then dip them in whisked eggs. Lastly coat the chicken with the panko crumbs ( You can add lime zest to the crumbs for added flavor),pressing them to stick to the chicken. Drop the chicken in ho
- In a salad bowl, mix the shredded cabbage and onion and rub them with lemon juice and salt. After 10 mins, add the tomatoes and olives and toss.
- Whisk the yogurt with mayonnaise,cream ,sugar,olive oil and lemon zest. Pour over the salad and toss. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the hot crisp chicken with cold salad.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback