- Serves: 5 - 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minute
- Cooking: 40 Minute
This is my goto basic truffle cake. But for a family member, it had to be something different. A white chocolate ganache was the original idea, for icing the cake, but when a dash of condensed milk was added to the cooling ganache,the taste and consistency made me change my idea! Milky, creamy and fudgy, it was the perfect filling to sandwich my cake. The combination of dark chocolate icing and a creamy white chocolate fudge is absolute divine!
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler and whisk till combined. Add sugar and essence and remove from heat and whisk. Beat in the eggs,one at a time.
- Add the sifted flour and fold to get a smooth batter. Pour in a greased and dusted mold and bake in a preheated oven 180 deg C for 20-30 mins, or till skewer inserted at the center come out clean.
- Cool the cake and level the top,in case the cake has not risen uniformly. Save the top cuttings for decorations and toppings. Cut the cake horizontally in 3 thin uniform slices,using a damp towel if needed.
- For the chocolate Ganache icing: Heat the cream in a pan ,until its hot but not boiling. Pour over chopped chocolate and butter and whisk ,until the mixture is smooth. Cool, save half for icing the cake, and keep the rest in fridge to cool for piping
- For White Chocolate Fudge: Heat the cream till just before boiling, and add the chopped chocolate. Whisk till smooth. Now add the butter and condensed milk and whisk while still on heat. Cook for about 1 min, till thick. Cool at room temperature and
- Assembling the Cake: Place the bottom layer of the cake on a turntable or any clean surface and drizzle the sugar syrup. Drop some white chocolate fudge and spread over the cake using a spatula. Place the next layer of cake and drizzle it with sugar
- Spread the Chocolate Ganache icing over the cake and uniformly cover the cake using icing spatula. Fill the piping bag with the refrigerated chocolate ganache icing and fix with a shell or a star nozzle and pipe the edges with shells or ropes. Pipe t
- Prick a White marshmallow with a satay stick or a cake pop stick. Top it with a pink marshmallow cut diagonally to get a triangle. Brush it with red disco dust and fix them over the cake. Similarly, cut the cut out sides and tops of the cake into a r
You may also like
Send Your Feedback