- Prep Time:
- Cut the vanilla sponge cake horizontally into two parts. Warm the gulab jamun syrup and add the saffron and cardamom powder. Keep aside for a few minutes. Slice about 10 gulab jamuns and keep in the fridge.
- Soak both the parts of the cake with the syrup. Whip the cream till stiff.
- Place one slice of the cake on the cake board or a plate. Layer it with whipped cream. Add the layer of sliced gulab jamuns.
- Place the other slice of the cake on it. Now frost the cake evenly with the whipped cream. Top with gulab jamuns. and Pipe some cream leaflets to decorate.
- Cool whip or any non dairy whipped topping works best for this cake, since its light and easy to spread. Balances perfectly the sweetness of gulab jamuns, without making the cake too heavy.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback