- Prep Time:
- Preheat oven at 180 deg.C for 10 mins. Grease a heart shaped baking tin with butter and dust with flour and set aside. Sift the flour with baking powder and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs,one at a time and vanilla essence and continue beating.
- Boil the milk and pour over the white chocolate and whisk till the chocolate is incorporated.
- Add the flour ,alternately with the milk mixture into the beaten egg bowl. Transfer the batter in the mould and bake for 20-30 mins, till the center of the cake springs back when touched. Cool and demould the cake.
- Cut the cake horizontally and moisten a bit with sugar syrup. Spread strawberry jam or preserve over the bottom layer of the cake and place the top layer back.
- For making the chocolate icing, finely chop the white chocolate and place in a bowl. Heat the cream till it just boils. Pour over the chocolate and quickly whisk till smooth. Cool the icing at room temperature.
- Evenly spread the icing over the cake to cover completely.
- For making marzipan, place the cashewnuts in a mixer grinder and grind to a fine powder. To get a really fine powder, pulse the grinder intermittently, otherwise the mix releases oil , making it grainy.
- Mix the cashewnut powder with icing sugar and add almond essence. Add 1 few drops of water and start kneading the mixture to get a dough like consistency.Cover the cool.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback