- Serves: 3
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 20 Minute
There are times when you crave rich yet non spicy food! The summer heat makes many of us avoid hot n spicy food to a simple home cooked meal. but special occasions need special treats. this creamy sweet n mildly flavoured gravy serves perfect for those occasions. I always fancied this gravy as kid. restaurants were the only ones that served malai kofta, atleast for us.paneer was a rarity then, and made only on select occasions.besides ,not many options were available to learn the recipe at that time.Thanks to the internet, it’s so much easier now to learn newer recipes and try them. Fancy ingredients are available everywhere, internet included thanks to the e-commerce boom. Making this creamy gravy is very simple,and with limited ingredients used,its hard to believe ,that such rich and tasty gravy can be so fuss free and easy.
- Add salt,cornflour to Mashed Potatoes and set aside. Mix grated paneer with salt,cumin coriander powder ,salt and nuts. Spread the mashed potato into a canopy and stuff some paneer mixture and seal the koftas. Make the remaining koftas and shallow fr
- Boil onion and cashewnuts in water till onions get translucent. Cool and grind to a fine paste.
- Heat oil and ghee in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds and green chillies and fry for 1 min. Add the onion paste and fry on a medium flame till oil seperates. Add some milk if needed, if the mixture dries out and sticks to the bottom.
- Add the salt,sugar ,kitchen king masala and fry for one min. Add cream and mix. Simmer for 1 min. Adjust the consistency with water or milk if too thick.
- Place the koftas in a serving bowl and pour the creamy gravy over. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and glazed cherries. Serve with hot parathas.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback