- Serves: 5-8
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 40-60 Minute
This month of December and chilling winters remind me of hot ginger chais and strawberries that were bought in bulk from our annual family trip, mostly at the most convenient hill station for Mumbaikars, Mahabaleshwar! Today, the local markets are flooded with fresh Strawberries, but few decades ago, strawberries were a rare priviledge. And the glorious sinful desert, Strawberry with Cream only a Mahabaleshwar special treat! Strawberries with Cream is my attempt to replicate the same taste and revive some old memories!
- Wash and trim the strawberries. Chop half the strawberries and sprinkle a tsp powdered sugar over them and set aside to chill.
- Puree the remaining strawberries with 2 tbsp sugar.
- Whip cream using cream powder , as per package instructions
- In a bowl, whisk fresh cream,remaining sugar and a tbsp strawberry puree.
- To assemble, line 2 serving glasses with a tsp of strawberry puree each. Spoon some chopped strawberries at the base. Top with a spoon of vanilla ice-cream and pour half of the fresh cream and strawberry mixture. Pour remaining puree and top with the
- Add remaining strawberry cream mixture. Top with whipped cream and garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve chilled.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback