- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 20 Minute
Everyone I know loves Strawberries with Cream. And the version made at home with a layer each of the tangy fresh fruit and a cream based strawberry mixture, its a guilt laden dessert that’s hard to resist. My Mom In Law had this Bhishi Party( Bhishi is the marathi version for KittyParty) and I was requested to make something niche. Her speciality snack a spicy Misal Pav was ready. It was time for me take stage. With fresh strawberries abundant, this Strawberry Cream Cake was an obvious choice. I have used a Pound Cake recipe for the base sponge, but a lighter chiffon version can also be used. Personally I find pound cake to be firm textured and robust and easy to layer. For the filling I used chopped strawberries, fresh cream and some cool whip or diary free whip topping. The Strawberry Cream Cake is fresh and moist. Mixed fruits like kiwi,pineapple,mangoes can also be used.
- For the cake, preheat oven at 180 deg C Beat the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy for 10 mins.
- Add vanilla essence, and eggs one at a time and beat.
- Fold in the self raising flour to a smooth batter. Tip into a greased and dusted baking tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins or till the cake top springs back when pressed .
- Cool the cake on a cooling rack. Cover the cake with a damp kitchen towel to prevent the cake from getting dry
- Slice the cake horizontally, keeping the bottom layer slightly larger than the top. The bottom compresses under the weight of the filling and icing, so keeping it slightly larger keeps a margin.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks and refrigerate till further use. Beat the heavy cream and set aside.
- Clean and stem the strawberries. Reserve 3-4 for garnish. Chop 3/4 th of the remaining strawberries and puree the remaining.
- In a bowl, fold the whipped heavy cream, pureed strawberries, 1.4 th of the whipped topping. Cool in refrigerator to set for 10-15 mins. Spread this over the base layer.
- Spread the chopped strawberries over the cream filling. Refrigerate the cake for some time if the filling is still runny. Cover with the top layer
- Drizzle sugar syrup over the top layer and spread the jam.
- Frost the entire cake with the remaining whipped topping with an icing spatula. Pipe shells and rosettes and garnish with strawberries.
- Arranging strawberry slices in circles over the cake makes a beautiful flower decoration for the cake.
- Refrigerate to set for 5 mins before serving.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback