- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cooking: 10 Minute
Mushrooms known to most Indians is the readily available button mushroom.There was a time when even that was an alien term, or probably a very localized or regional variety. But now,those Buttom Mushrooms are most urban moms favorites. Its rich in nutrition and very popular amongst kids too. Besides, its very versatile and takes on any flavor, be it continental ,Oriental or desi Masalas. We have tried creating a quick fix snack using our favorite Mushroom and colored Bell peppers and kids favorite Cheese!
- Wash the button mushrooms and dice them.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the mushrooms for 1 min. Add a pinch of salt. The mushrooms will release water,so keep frying till water dries up.
- Add diced capsicum ,salt,pepper and herbs and stir fry till the peppers are somewhat charred but still crisp. switch off the heat and allow to cool.
- Butter the bread on both sides. cut it diagonally and arrange on a baking sheet. Spoon the mixture on each bread and top it up with cheese.
- The breads can be toasted on tawa on very low heat tll crisp, or baked in oven at 180 deg for 8-10 mins or till the bread sides get browned and crisp.
- To melt the cheese when cooking on tawa, transfer the ready toasts on anther pan and place the hot tawa inverted over the pan. The heat from the tawa will melt the cheese.
- These toasts can also be made without butter and little cheese. They can also be made in an air fryer. Additional seasonings and spices can be added as per taste desired, we tried keeping it very basic.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback