- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minute
- Cooking: 25 Minute
Makhamalli Kofta, as the name suggests are soft with a creamy cheesy richness. Ideally they are made mashing Paneer and either flour or mashed boiled potatoes and served in a tomato onion gravy. But when i decided to review Galaji Spices, m goto masalas for special gravies as well as regular subjees, I chose to make them richer. I have kept the koftas simple with just salt and chilli flakes for seasoning. Nuts or chopped ginger chilli can also be added to the kofta stuffing for added taste. The Koftas make a delicious snack and finger food, especially when coated with bread crumbs and fried crisp. So go on, enjoy the silken smooth richness in a balanced flavoured Gravy.
- For the Koftas, place the mashed potatoes in a plate. Add salt and corn flour and knead it till smooth.
- Mix the Grated Cheese,Paneer and chilli flakes, make small marble sized balls for stuffing.
- Take out equal lemon sized portions. Grease the palm with some water and oil. Shape the potato dough into a cup and stuff the cheese paneer balls.Seal the edges. Repeat for remaining portions.
- Put a tbsp of cornflour in a dry bowl,and roll the koftas into it. Place the koftas on a plate and refrigerate for atleast 30 mins.The koftas can be made and kept in fridge in advance and fried in evening for the final recipe also.
- Heat oil to medium hot heat. Deep fry the koftas to a browned crust. make sure the oil is hot enough but not over heated. Too hot and the kofta will burn or disintegrate. Under heated oil will make it too oily,soggy, besides getting the koftas lose s
- For preparing the graavy,Heat 1 tsp Oil in a pan and fry chopped onion and garlic. Once translucent, tip in the chopped tomatoes and cashews and fry.
- Add a splash of water and cover. Cook on a low to medium heat till the tomatoes soften and get mushy.Put off the heat. cool and puree the mixture with little water.
- Heat remaining oil in a on stick Kadhai and fry the pureed onion tomato mixture till oil seperates. This takes about 10-12 mins, depending on how well the onion tomato were cooked and fried before being pureed. Keep stirring to prevent burning and he
- Now add Nimeet Spices Kashmiri Chilli powder,Galaji Paneer Cheese Butter Masala an mix. Add approx 11/4 Cup water to adust the consistency of gravy. The gravy thickens when it starts boiling and further thickens as it cools, so dont panic if it looks
- Let the gravy simmer on low heat for 5-8 mins.Stir in a tbsp of Butter and put off the heat.
- Arrange the koftas on a platter. spoon the gravy over the koftas. Grate Cheese over the Koftas and top it with Chopped Coriander leaves.Serve immediately with Hot Fulkas or parathas
You may also like
Send Your Feedback