- Serves: 30 - 40
- Prep Time: 20 Minute
- Cooking: 30 Minute
Rawa or semolina is an Indian Kitchen Staple. Made into Halwas and upmas, it makes a healthy breakfast base. So how can this staple be given a miss for the greatest Indian Festival? So this Diwali make these nutritious rawa ladoos,with our foolproof recipe. Follow it to the T and you wont need Ghee or any fat,as the coconut is sufficient for it all. So make them,eat them and flaunt them!
- Roast the semolina in a kadhai on a low heat. Keep mixing for uniform roasting. This takes patience, as too much heat will leave the semolina browned without actually cooking it. Besides it ll leave the ladoos looking browned instead of snow white.
- Once the semolina leaves a nice aroma and attains a light brown colour
- Transfer on a plate to cool. Roast Coconut on low heat till dried up and attains a light brown shade. Roasting is critical for the shelf life of the ladoos.
- Mix cooled roasted semolina ,coconut and cardamom powdeer and nuts and set aside
- mix sugar and water in a vessel and heat until the sugar dissolves the the mixture simmers. Put off heat and let it cool till warm.
- Now add the rawa mixture to it and stir. Its ok if it looks too much as compared to syrup. Mix up and tip into a borad plate.
- Once warm enough to handle,start making ladoos and place on an open plate to cool completely. the mixture at this stage looks little moist, but as the syrup in the ladoos cools,it ll firm up the ladoos. If mixture gets too dry to mould, either heat u
- Cool the ladoos completely before transferring into a jar. Preferably store under refrigeration for longer shelf life.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback