- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minute
- Cooking: 20 Minute
This recipe is a part of our special edition recipes that we received from Chef Dinesh Dadlani from The Gateway Hotel Hinjewadi Pune. They are Chef’s exclusive recipes for the Varadi Cuisine that is served at their restaurant. We are reproducing the content as it is ,with the chef’s permission and intend to try it ourselves also.
- Dry roast cumin,coriander,peanuts and dry coconut. Cool and grind.
- Clean the brinjals and slit them cross. Stuff them with masala and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Fry onions and tomatoes and cook for 5 mins. Add powdered spices , the remaining ground masala and the stuffed brinjals and mix.
- Add salt and water. Cook for 10 mins or till the brinjals are soft and cooked.
- Finish the gravy with tamarind and jaggery.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback