- Serves: 2-5
- Prep Time: 10-12 mins
- Cooking: 15-20 mins
This recipe is a part of our special edition recipes that we received from Chef Dinesh Dadlani from The Gateway Hotel Hinjewadi Pune. They are Chef’s exclusive recipes for the Varadi Cuisine that is served at their restaurant. We are reproducing the content as it is ,with the chef’s permission and intend to try it ourselves also.
- Wash and soak rice for 3 hours. Soak Cashew,Peanuts,raisins and Sliced dry coconut.
- Heat Oil in a pressure cooker and add bay leaves,cinnamon,cloves Cumin mustard seeds,chopped chillies,curry leaves,chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Add soaked cashew,peanut,coconut and turmeric chilli powder.
- Peel and cube potatoes,add them to cooker. Add double the amount of water to the rice and bring it to a boil.
- Add rice, salt,sugar and mix.pressure cook for 3 whistles and allow to cool 30 mins.
- Open pressure cooker after steam has escaped. Stir and add fresh grated coconut,Garam Masala and chopped coriander leaaves.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback