- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Cooking: 20-30 mins
Keema Ghotala is a delicious Parsi breakfast, often made from leftover Keema from previous dinner,served with Brun , or fresh Pav. Ghotala means a Mess or Scam, but Keema Ghotala surely seems a delicious mess!. Keema Ghotala is made by scrambling leftover cooked curried Keema with eggs, onions and capsicum. Though most of us Indians aren’t accustomed to eating meat for a breakfast, this superb spiced meat dish can be a classic lunch menu as well.
This recipe calls for lamb mince, but Chicken Mince can also be used. Instead of precooking the mince as in case of lamb mince,chicken mince can be directly added to the sauteed onions.
- In a pressure cooker,hear 1 tbsp oil and fry 2 tbsp Chopped Onions , 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste and fry till translucent. Add1/2 tsp Salt and turmeric and 1/2 Cup water. Pressure cook to 3-5 whistles.Let the steam release naturally.
- In a fry pan,heat remaining 1 tbsp oil and butter. Fry onions and ginger garlic paste till browned. Add capsicum and tomatoes and fry for 2 mins, till the tomatoes soften.
- Add red chilli powder,garam masala and fry till oil seperates. Add the cooked mince with the stock and fry till the water dries up, but the keema is semi dry.
- Beat the egss in a bowl and pour over the keema.Adjust the salt and scramble the eggs with the keema. Cover for 1 min and scramble again till the mixture looks like a bhurjee.
- Drizzle lemon juice and top with coriander leaves.
- Serve with lightly toasted buttered pav or bread slices.
You may also like
Send Your Feedback